Hi there – I’m Michelle Guillemard, an Australian freelance medical writer.
I’m passionate about creating better health outcomes and changing lives through effective healthcare communication.
My focus is on translating complex medical topics into consumer-friendly, clear and compelling content.
Drawing on evidence-based healthcare communication and health literacy techniques, I produce high-quality writing solutions that achieve your goals.
As a writer dedicated to credibility, accuracy and accountability, I partner with industry-leading, integrity-driven healthcare businesses and brands.
Who I work with
As a freelance medical writer specialising in consumer health, I partner with hospitals, local government, not-for-profits, associations, medical specialists, private practices, B2B, tech companies, digital agencies and healthcare groups. See who I’ve worked with recently.
I write about all health topics and have extensive experience in:
- Heart and lung health
- Neurosurgery and brain health
- Pregnancy, obstetrics and women’s health
- Common and rare cancers
- General practice
- Healthy lifestyle topics
- Mental health and illness
- Behaviour change.
Medical writing industry work
I’m a keen industry advocate. Staying up-to-date with my profession helps ensure I’m delivering high-quality, best-practice writing solutions for my clients.
Medical writer teaching and training
Through helping people improve their professional communication skills so they can write clearly and concisely, I’ve taught courses and health communication training workshops for writers and corporations in 38 countries.
With a BA (Media & Communications) from the University of Melbourne (including a year working as Editor of the university’s student paper, Farrago), I began my medical writing career at the British Medical Journal in London. I then worked as a medical writer in Sydney with Elsevier and Blackmores before becoming a freelance medical writer in 2012.
Why partner with me?
Since 2012, healthcare brands and businesses have trusted my freelance medical writing services. Here’s why:
- 15+ years of medical writing experience
- A diverse portfolio of local and international clients
- Dedication to credibility, quality and accuracy in health writing
- Passionate about health literacy and education
- Friendly, professional and reliable, with outstanding service
- Highly knowledgeable of health and medical terminology
- Skilled in SEO copywriting best-practices
- Knowledge of AHPRA guidelines, TGA Code & Medicines Australia Code
- Affordable, with loyalty discounts
- Bachelor of Media & Communications (Enriched Major) from the University of Melbourne
- Research, revisions and project management included
- Skilled in WordPress, MailChimp, HTML and CSS
- Commitment to ongoing learning, training and development
- Member of local and international medical writing associations
- Patient adherence at the heart of every project.
What do I love most about my work? Meeting so many amazing people – from health writing students around the world to value-driven healthcare clients.
Being a medical writer, I’m also a public health advocate. When I’m not working, I like to run, explore the outdoors and spend time in nature with people I love.
Looking for an experienced freelance medical writer?
Contact me today or phone me on 0407 971 081 to discuss your health & medical writing project.